FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - good beginner venomous snake
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 07:04 PM   #82
snakegetters
Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangrde1
Tanith thanks for reminding me . I dont do the waterbowl anymore i do as a matter of fact use pinks or mice I need to edit that...if you wish to please do and remember can you add in be sure not to carry needles on you places leave them home, Cops look at them as drug related. well one did till he noticed the box in they came out of marked LIVE VENOMOUS REPTILES lol
A stainless steel feeding needle, ball tipped, is not something any drug user would be likely to consider useful. You could snort cocaine through it maybe, but you could also do that with a standard drinking straw.

I do carry my box of emergency drugs and gear with me on field trips. All a cop would have to do would be to phone my vet and verify that it's all stuff I am supposed to have. Or they could check my various wildlife licenses.

Also most of the drugs I use on snakes are not human abusable substances. The drugs that are human abusable are not carried in significant quantity. It takes about 0.05 to 0.1 of a cc of Diazepam to sedate an injured adult Eastern diamondback for exam. That amount would have absolutely no pharmacological effect on a human.

That's why it should be fairly easy for venomous snake owners to bother the nearest veterinarian and ask for one syringe of Diazepam to sedate their venomous snake for home examination. Even if the vet won't see the snake, most of them will not have a lot of qualms about prescribing you an appropriate amount of this drug.