FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Probugs
Thread: Inquiry Probugs
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 10:33 PM   #2
CarolinaClassicDragons
Interesting topic Lucille. Hopefully someone from Probugs Feeds can come on here and comment and add some clarification on how they can claim to "remove pathogens that might be carried in the living body". Looks to me that they are simply using aqueous ozone to sterilize the SURFACE of the feeder insect and then they dry and vacuum seal package. Yes, the FDA and USDA has given ozone GRAS (generally recognized as safe) approval. So part of the process that Probugs is using does have this approval. I took a look at their website and do not see anything regarding the nutritional content of their feeders. I saw a third party certificate of analysis from a company in Malaysia, ALS Life Sciences, that did some microbiogical testing for Probugs and the results are posted here http://www.probugsfeeds.com/certification.html The results are what you would expect to see with insects being dunked in aqueous ozone.
What's of utmost importance is what exactly are these feeders they are processing being fed. That,of course, is ultimately what is going into our critters. The company may want to consider publishing this on their website. Doesn't look like this product is readily available in the US so not sure how much any of this really matters.