FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Customer Service?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 10:44 PM   #10
maxrr
Thanks for all the replies! I think this is a good topic for discussion because, just as Miss Tuniwha eluded to, good customer service is hard to come by these days.
I do have an update on the situation...After I contacted him through email and expressed my displeasure with what he had done and that I was going to buy elsewhere, he apologized and felt embarassed about it. He gave me an explanation of why he did that, which I told him I understood, but agreed that the manner and timing were inappropriate. He's offered to honor the original price and offered to cover the shipping. I believe he was sincere and I have decided to go ahead with the transaction.
I believe it shows a lot for someone to admit an error and apologize for it. I believe he did the right thing. The particular snakes he is offering are very rare, and he would have had no problem selling them to somebody else for the higher price. He obviously understood that there was more to this situation than the price of the snakes. Now let's just hope he doesn't pull a fast one and sell to someone else at the higher price and tell me he didn't have any become available...