FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Anyone see this ad on KS????
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 10:36 AM   #53
Rockford
Hey Mike-

When I was your age I knew a well known Herpetologist that kept Venomoids. I visited him at his house and was in "awe" of his collection that you could "handle". During my visit I reached into a cage containing a 5' Atrox and handled him. The feeling I got from the snake was amazing and when I got home that's all I could think about. I wanted a venomoid in the worst way!

I ended up doing a little research and talked to some folks in my Herp Society that I had looked up to and decided that I didn't want a venomoid anymore. The "feeling" I got when holding that snake was at it's expense. There is no need for that animal to suffer and go through what he went through. I have been fascinated with Crotalus since I was a kid and I have never kept a single one for a reason.That reason not being set-up properly.

There are a few websites you should check out and learn as much as you can. If you have an interest in Hot animals then I would encourage you to move forth and become a responsible and respectful keeper.

Without sounding too cheesy.....Hopefully you will continue to learn and do what's right. There are alot of kooks out there in this hobby. You still have a chance not to be one of them.

Take it easy-

BThacker