FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Anyone see this ad on KS????
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 11:40 AM   #54
psilocybe
Michael,

First off, I'd like to apologize for the animosity exhibited in most of my posts. In retrospect I was a bit harsh. But I hope this shows you how this strongly this subject is felt about in the responsible venomous community. If you come to venomous keepers' board and start boasting about having snakes voided, you are gonna get attacked, big time. I'd venture to say that there are ZERO provoiders who regularly frequent this forum board for just that reason.

What can I say about the surgery that hasn't been said? Well, nothing. There are well over 50 replies to this thread, and 90% have to do with venomoids. Do yourself a favor and read over some of them.

Just remember the whole reason you got into keeping snakes: a love for the animal. How can you love something yet subject it to pain, suffering, and possible death? You can't. People who keep venomoids are impatient, greedy, uncompassionate people, and if you want to get any respect in the venomous community, or even the responsible herp keeping community in general, you'd do best by staying far, far away from being grouped with the voiders.

Anyway, I realize you're just a kid, and we all make mistakes, especially around your age. I know I have Here's you chance to redeem yourself...you might not be able to keep venomous right now, but so what, wait a while...it'll be worth it. You're young and have all the time in the world to enjoy this hobby, there is no need to rush in...get some real training, and when you finally get your first hot, you'll be proud that you are able to keep an animal like that intact and unharmed, and keep yourself safe in the process. Good luck.