FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - !!! ATTN: Veasna Muth STOLE $450.00 FROM ME! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, SCAM ARTIST !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 10:49 PM   #119
5StarrMorphs
If this Helps

With regard to protection for the buyer.

I some time ago purchased a female ball from a guy in Boston MA. I sent him a check along with a box to ship the animal in as he said he had no proper shipping materials.

After the check had cleared I expected it would be shipped out almost thereafter. That was not the case. I waited a week until after it cleared to make contact with him. To my surprise the number had been disconnected. I then sent an email and it came back returned not a valid email. I sent a letter asking about the ball and got no response.

I then sent a registered letter disguised as a gift, informing him that if he did not provide me with a number and send the animal out, or my money I would make contact with the local authorities. I gave him 1 week from time of delivery.

The package was in fact delivered and a male had signed for it, and a week later no response. I then contacted the local police station, who after telling of my problem, said I needed to contact my local police and they would start it there. I called back the next day and talked with a police woman and told my story again and told her I believed he was doing internet fraud. She was then more than happy to check it out.

Not 3 days later she contacted me and told me she had found the man in question and said she would contact me very soon. Soon it was. The next day she called and said that she had signed a complaint on my behalf and he had until the end of the week to conclude the transaction or he would have a warrant issued for his arrest.

Oddly enough the guy calls me the very next day with an appology that would have made the pope cry and asked " If I send you out the ball tomorrow, would you please contact the police and tell them I did so". I said as soon as the package arrives and she is in good health or the money returned I will make contact with her.

The money was returned the next day. I contacted the authorities and told them of it, and a done deal. Alot of headaches but a total of 1 week from the time I contacted the police my money was returned.

I have browsed in on this post from time to time and not sure if these circumstances would help in your case. However internet crime is a big ticket item, and maybe it will help.

I sincerely hope you recover the animals in question or your money back.

If this helps.

Jeff Morrison
5StarrMorphs