FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - AL Cortiz, BAD GUY
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #420
Intense Herpetoculture
Smugglin Al, am I correct in saying that you only posted about me being a "thief" after I told you I would not help you recover the money? Before that you and your partner even answered on of my ads on there and bought animals off of me successfully? You only pushed to have me banned after you said you would take revenge on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos
He has done this on venomoussnakes.org. not sure if I posted this before (the following screen shot), but after I refused to help Al when he was ripped off in the Congo he posted the following message directly above mine before he deleted my ads. Mind you, this was less then a month after me and Al's only business dealing went very well and him and Joe said they would recommend me to others.

Now why would Al post this on the classifieds he moderates when his business transaction went so well with me? Sounds like the EXACT revenge Al said he would take on me when I refused to help him (I first said I would help him, but I withdrew that offer after Al threatened me).

Justyn:

Once again get you facts straight.

I don't moderate on SHHS in a vacuum, we operate as a team there. I copied Karl Betz who is the VP of SHHS and assistant site manager what I did and why. Guess what, he supported me deleting you ad's, Why because you're a THIEF! See excerpt:
__________________________________________________ ___________

http://www.venomousreptiles.org/foru...s/32308?page=3

You have posted this several times:
"This thread is about Al and why he put that I was a scammer and pulled by ads after doing business with me."
I have reviewed everything that you have presented including the entire BOI thread, the jpgs of your emails, and everything else that has been posted here.
I have also reviewed the Classifieds Terms of Service on our website which hardly anyone ever seems to read.
I think that anyone would have to agree that I have been as impartial as I can be in reviewing this complaint.
While rule #4 of the CTOS requires everyone who has a business that sells herps to get permission from the Classifieds Manager to conduct that business through our classifieds - I am sure that most of the vendors using our site do not follow that rule and that transgression should probably be overlooked.
However, the Fraud section is much more pertinent:

"Fraud
If you think you have been ripped off by another member of VenomousReptiles.org, there are several things you can do, depending on how far you want to take your complaint. We recommend you start with the first two steps below, before following up on any others.

1. Talk to the other member. Sometimes it may seem like you've been ripped off when what really has happened is there has been a miscommunication. See if this is the case before you take your complaint to the next level.
2. Contact the Classifieds Manager. If you feel this is an outright case of fraud or a blatant misuse of the VenomousReptiles.org Classifieds, send us an email with the person's Nick Name. We will investigate it and if we are able to determine with certainty that there was a misuse we will block the member from using the site and delete all of their ads. Please consider this a fairly extreme measure - it takes a lot of time to follow up on these complaints.
3. Contact a third party to resolve the problem. If you need to, contact an outside party to arbitrate your dispute.
4. File a formal complaint. If you paid for an item but never received it, this is considered mail fraud. You can contact your local Post Office or the National Fraud Information Center (http://www.fraud.com) and file a formal complaint."

Based on step 2, I would say that regardless of how his personal dealings with you went, Al would be correct in removing your ads based on your own admissions that you have received moneys for animals that you have not provided for which no refund has been given. His own decisions to deal with someone that he believes to be a "scammer" should not restrict his required actions in the administration of this website.
I hope that you get your business dealings straightened out and get your life back on track but I believe that Al acted in the best interests of the website.
R/
Karl H. Betz

I