FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 05:20 AM   #684
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post
Rick... It was 2 separate times... I had bought aspen 2 separate times and both times it came with mites... about a year apart... NONE in between... The mites that were here in Spet. were on Kyle's snakes... We checked my snakes in the separate room and there were none, but we STILL treated them anyway... When we have treated it's been once, then again a week later... then a month later... That's how I was told to use the Nix treatment when I first treated...

Again... They did not re-infest after treatment... I was apparently dumb in attempting to try aspen again about a year after we got mites from aspen before... I will never use aspen again... I understand that there can be mites no matter what bedding you use, but the only times we had mites were after buying aspen from shows...

Ummm, Aspen does sometimes come with mites, I agree. But not snake mites. They are wood mites, and just as easy to get rid of. Treat the bedding when you get it, not after you put it in the cages. I've had wood mites from bedding many times. but never once encountered a snake mite. Sure it was the bedding? Snake mites just don't live long, or infest, unless they have blood to feed upon.

Ryan, sorry you got dragged into this. I'm sure your mind needs to be on other things, like staying alive, instead of the stress this crap is bringing. Regardless of this, I hope you're having a safe and Merry Christmas, as best as you can anyway.