FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Their @ it again.. buyer beware.
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 12:56 AM   #2
geckokreeper
Same thing

I got almost the same email a few weeks ago.He wanted me to go to a check cashing and cash it the same day it came.He kept telling me keep an extra $200 for all of your running around and troubles.He wanted me to western union the extra money to him.The total for the items i was selling were $1800 and he sent $7000 in a cashiers check.I decided to go to the check cashing and see if possibly it was real.Next thing i know in walk the police.After questioning me for about 3 hours and me telling them what was going on and showing them all of the email he had sent they let me go.The guy kept emailing me saying his wife has breast cancer and he needed the rest of the money quick.He said just keep the $1800 for free and sent the rest as my wife needs the money.Then a few days later he started saying you better send me my money or else.He asked me for my phone number.I never told him the cops took the check,but i gave him the number to the police station and said it was my phone number.I havent heard from him sence then.He also couldnt spell very well.They want you to deposit it in to your bank account and sent them the remaining balance.The thing is that it registers in your account until about a week later when it turns out to be a fraud and your out the money and somtimes even the product.I also gathered all the names i have read that this guy or guys have been using that i got from other threads on this site and emailed him with all the names and email adressess and even some actual address.I told him were watching you.Anyways see what he says if you ask him to western union the money to you.I still have all the emails from him.So if anyone want to see just ask.