FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - How to become a paid member on this site...
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #15
Beardie
I havent been on here since 3-22-11 and saw where things have changed... a lot.

It IS far more difficult to find out where to sign up for a membership AND what it means. I did the userCP and went to paid subscriptions but there is no link to what they mean or what you get with one. After spending 20 minutes of searching for membership info (and trying to find the classifieds) I finally found this thread and where you posted the link to what a membership includes depending on what you pay. Thank you for that. I am renewing after I finish this post.

I know you will do what is best for this site but might I make a suggestion? On your control bar can you make it more user friendly? Remove "New posts", "Calender" and "member lists" and replace with the following.

1)"Become a member"
This would show what membership includes and what it costs and how to register etc. Member lists can then be listed here as available to other members.

2)"Classifieds"
This can have sub categories for "For sale" and "wanted"

3)"Threads"
This can be broke down to show Events, discussions on certain reptiles, "Good guy bad guy" etc.

I may be wrong but I think for newbies considering this site they can at a glance see what they want the most, (the three above mentioned items) what they have access too, what it costs and how to join at a glance. I see those three things as what new members will be looking for and if they dont see it when they "try" to access the site they will just leave.