FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Buyer Beware of Steve Ori Forgotten Realm
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 08:49 PM   #134
David Reid
Steve, I do not know you...

and I am not going to tell you I have a business degree from Harvard, BUT, the way you have handled this situation leaves alot to be desired. I am always amazed at how people dig the hole deeper and deeper, and eventually throw themselves in. Yes, throw THEMSELVES in. And for $100... Rule number 1, less is more, the less you say, the less people can turn your words around, and the less chance you have to hurt your own case. You have said way too much, in email, IM and in your posts, and have come off looking really bad. You should have stated your case, and left it at that, the more you say, the deeper you dig...You think you deserve the deposit, explain why in one quick paragraph, with no name calling, no cussing, etc. Then you are done, unless you are called into court. You, however, went way above and beyond, with threats, name calling etc. You will definately not get my business, for the above stated reasons,and I would say, for every one person who has posted on this topic, 100 have looked, read, and shaken their heads, never to do business with you on any level. I have done business with Sharp and Kahl too, but it does not mean they are the know all, end all of Reptile Business 101. I do however, firmly believe that both would have handled a similar situation with class and dignity, basically, differently from the way you have. Lastly, if I had put down a deposit on a Striped animal, I would expect one with a stripe on it, or my money/deposit back. Now, if the buyer put down a deposit on a striped animal, you produced 10 for him to choose from, and he just decided to get an albino from someone else, and not a striped from you, that would be one thing. Please explain one more time why you feel he does not deserve his deposit back. One final thought, why do people spend deposit money before the deal is finished. I keep money from animal sales, on animals sent, seperate from my spending money for at least 1 month after the animal is sent, and accepted, just in case some problem comes up, but that is just me.