FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - getting " envenomated " can get you ........
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 06:32 PM   #83
old guy
I know a guy

that hits the Waurika event that is definitely in Oklahoma and they collect definitely from Texas to bring the WDBs in to aid in the numbers. How many ? Let's say in my mind the long running Waurika event wouldn't have beans in WDBs if it wasn't for the Texas bring-ins. So I just wonder how many of the " other " Oklahoma roundups have the same scenario and since they are basically held within the same month, what a toll it must be for the WDBs in Texas. Now I also assume and have been told that some of these snakes that show up in these events are ?> hold overs <? from the previous year. I have wondered about the earlier events in the year like the Sweet Water one on how many snakes arrive at Oklahoma events later since my guy told me the Jaycees of these events ( several ) are buddies. Reason that my bud goes ? He does not attend the event itself but goes out with some of the Jaycees searching for the really BIG one to match his other big ones. He doesn't compete in a sense but does see numbers of snakes. I have NEVER ever known him to lie to me on how the people that goes out ( or vice-versa ) and collects that DOES NOT use gasoline or other methods of the like while he is with them. He does admit that he hears of gas being used around but all the times he has gone there are just way to many snakes out. Maybe the gas is used earlier in the year for den sites you think ?