FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Clark Tucker, Nicole Tucker, and Jackie Tucker of Clark's Geckos- BAD GUYS!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
Power House Reptiles
I would like to address this issue between Sarah and clarksgeckos. We recently found out that one of the ingredients we used for the diet has been discontinued. That ingredient is Gerber Little Flakes. Gerber has two flavors in that line of cereal, Mixed Fruit and Apple Cherry. Now, keep in mind that this product was for our personal use when formulated. After about 2 months we had such great results using it we sent a few samples to a couple of friends. They demanded that we sell it to the public. So after several more months of testing here with our animals we decided to sell it to the public. We played with both flavors and found that all the geckos ate both. We decided on Mixed Fruit mainly because it was mixed fruit.
I cannot locate a box of Mixed Fruit in my area but I will be going out of town tomorrow and will look in stores there. I want to supply a picture for the proof as to what I am about to explain. I called Gerber this morning and asked the lady to give me the exact nutritional analysis on the Mixed Fruit. They could not e-mail it to me but, the lady was extremely nice and went over all of it with me. The only difference between the two are as follows: on the Mixed Fruit the sodium is 5mg per 1/4 cup on the Apple Cherry the sodium is 0mg, on Mixed Fruit the potassium is 45mg per 1/4 cup on Apple Cherry the potassium is 50mg per 1/4 cup, on Mixed Fruit the dietary fiber is 0g on Apple Cherry the dietary fiber 1g. On the % Daily Value the ONLY difference is on the Mixed Fruit the vitamin E is 4% and on Apple Cherry the vitamin E is 15%. So actually in my opinion the Apple Cherry is better. Please visit this site and see for yourself that it is the same line cereal and product just a different flavor.
http://www.gerber.com/toddlersite?tm...tml&tmspromo=2

The only reason we are using Apple Cherry right now is because I cannot get any Mixed Fruit. Because this product is being discontinued we are trying to formulate diets that will be equal to or greater than the original formulas. We have the Clark's F.D.G. available and will continue to distribute it it was made using Little Flakes Apple Cherry.

I am completely astounded by the way this is being addressed. All I can say is that this situation is definitely nothing like its being made out to be. I will do my best to get a box of Mixed Fruit for a picture of both cereals. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have concerning this issue.

Thank you,
Nicole & Clark Tucker @clarksgeckos