FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Gray rat snake infestation
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 07:03 AM   #19
E.Shell
I had chickens and would catch and release the same black rat snakes over and over. Very tame, almost like they anticipated a long walk to the swamp.

Watch your friend and that generator.

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer with manual transmission. My wife took it out one day and had trouble with the clutch, couldn't get it to release, then it wouldn't engage. Towed it to the dealership on a Friday, and got a call on Monday that they could not work on it (!?) and that the clutch seemed to be working and I had to come get it right away. I went over there and they said there was "something terrible smelling" in my Explorer. I got in and immediately knew it was dead reptile someplace, and I was guessing 'the clutch'. I took it home, jacked it up and climbed under to have a look. A 3 foot black rat snake had gone into the clutch housing and got wrapped up in the clutch, either on purpose or when the truck started. What a mess, especially having festered for a few days. Took me hours to get it all out using the hose to blow through, spin it a half turn or so and using forceps to grab chunks as they became visible through the inspection port. Worst under the vehicle maintenance job ever...