FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 7'-6" Rattler bites man in Morganton
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 05:44 PM   #22
psilocybe
Quote:
Originally posted by Darin Chappell
". . .that animal was senselessly killed, and it surely did not have to end that way. . ."

I don't disagree, but after a person has been made aware of their less than herp friendly behavior, admits wrongdoing, expresses remorse, and says "lesson learned," I fail to see the reason for jumping all over her at THAT point. It may offer a release of righteous indignation on the part of some, but that is hardly constructive criticism.

At least, that's the way it seems to me . . .
I actually started to pick apart her posts quote by quote, but you know what, it's really not going to change anything (the deed was done last summer), the snake will remain dead, and in that respect you are right: nothing constructive will come out from me constantly blasting her for her herp-hateful behavior. I can only hope she will react in a more rational manner the next time she encounters a rattler, and if she feels that she will behave the same way, my suggestion to her would be to move to a place where rattlesnakes are not so prominent. Her behavior will not only teach her daughters (who she claimed to teach not to kill things, not setting a very good example) the same fear-based reactions, but it might very well get her or someone else bitten the next time.

Abhishek Prasad