FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Italian Wall Lizard care?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
Ameivaboy
High 50's the wall lizards would be able to handle fine. We're having a little cold spell right now. It's supposed to be 53 tonight. The lizards (both wall and jeweleds) were all out earlier at 68 degrees.
Italian wall lizards have populations on long island where it gets much colder than it does in either of our areas. As long as they can get underground deep enough (or some other protected area) they will be ok.
Once the seasons start changing I have tarps to cover the cages during rainy weather. My cages arent water tight either so that's another plus against rain and flooding. As the temperatures start dropping I'll add a few more inches of dirt and a ton of leaves to help insulate them even more with me eventually moving the cages into a shed I have outback during the coldest part of the year.

Do you have a source to obtain wall lizards yet?
I know a couple people who have them available as well as myself.
I have a few adults I could move and should have hatchlings in a month and a half or so.
just for kicks here's my "big" male lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck View Post
Great enclosure for the jeweled lacertas this was lots of help .

What winter temps do you get in SF ?

We did have a harsh winter this yr by Florida standards and even in Miami we hit night temps of 40s but usually high 50s is considered very cold night and rare .

This was a lot of help and great info.

Thanks