FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Italian Wall Lizard care?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
Fleck
Sadly I asked a wholesale place I go to a lot to get me a pair M/F by late August and he said yes .
A friend who keeps desert iguanas outside and breeds them has large credit with him and let me use some for adult wall lizard pair .

I say sadly or would buy from you . I will PM you if guy doesn't come through but feel bad cancelling esp after he looked around to make sure he could get pair in Aug as going to build enclosure this weekend and next .
However I would imagine incredibly easy to sell because now there is a huge interest for them.

When you mention the females are territorial how much territory do they need each and are they also territorial towards males?

My plan was just 1 pair in a 6 foot by 3 foot enclosure . You find that to small?

I have a place in my yard which is half shade and half sun all yr long . The sun here is brutal but easy enough to block out with large pots with bush'es,etc. We have a lot of snakes in area so enclosure has to be rat snake but ESP racer (incredibly persistent) proof.

Great looking male . We have ocellated skinks, curly tails ,iguanas, knight anoles, assorted geckoes in area which are not native and love them. Other than ocellated skinks non were introduced by pet owners .We are a skip away from the Caribbeans and hundreds of yrs of ships bringing plants,etc bought them here.

Its amazing they established themselves in long island. You could easily write care info on them for Reptile mag .