FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Half Dwarf Burms
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:19 AM   #4
Krj-2501
I would tend to agree with them - based on what I have been seeing at the Repticon shows I have been going to over the past few years.

As during the ban - I never saw any burms, or Afrocks, or anacondas. Basically any snake banned by the Lacey Act. Once an while you may find a few retics. But most the shows were just boas, and ball pythons fairs. But when I went to the Repticon in early July this year (after the interstate ban was removed) - there were lots of retics, several burms, and even a few anacondas. Basically the big snakes are back. While the Lacy Act didn't really hurt the really big breeders - that much. It put a lot of smaller breeders out of business.

While I think the mainland burm breeders are definitely starting to come back. I also think it may take a few more years before we see the progschai based breeding projects get going again. As most of the smaller breeders need to find new stock (often as juveniles). Then it will take at least 3-4 years for those projects to start producing.