FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Steve Markevich / Serpent's Den
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 02:14 AM   #4
GYMRAT2B
I had originally assumed he would be busy and that the check may not arrive at exactly 4 working days and that's why when I sent the check on August 9th, I called him on August 19th.  Also, if the other dealers I've purchased animals from and sent deposits to without any problems, why this guy? To top it off, he emailed me twice about paying him the $25.

Believe me, I've tried to look at this thing from his point of view but as I've said, I will not be doing busines with him. If he's too busy and unorganized, I definitely don't want to purchase animals from this guy. You run the risk of getting the wrong animal, a sick animal, a mis-sexed animal, etc. I have a lot of my own animals (birds and fish and dogs - besides all the snakes) and if I can stay organized with grooming, feeding schedules and 'play time' with my animals (on top of work and gym time), I don't have time for mistakes - especially being told that I should pay for someone else's mistake. To reiterate, the other dealers I've purchased animals from have hundreds of animals that they deal with as well. In fact, Chuch & Shawna were busy with the Daytona show when I checked in with them regarding both my deposit with them and then the shipment of my Hog Island boa. By the time my snake was ready to ship to me, Shawna was the only one running the store and I got not only my snake on time, but I got a GREAT snake. I can't describe how deep cherry this girl is! So, if Shawna can do it all on her own, I can't cut Steve any slack for his mistake and poor customer service. I didn't even get an apology saying that he's at fault - even after I told him that I'd take it up in a forum if he continued to email me about the $25. Two emails about his stupid mistake was enough.