FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Witblits dragons - true patternless beardies
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #16
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
"I do not think I have seen a single trans break into the 20" range as of yet and that is due to the translucent gene (just as this witblit/silverback gene and the leather gene) are actual genetic deformities that breeders have decided to purposely keep alive for reproduction cause it will make them a few extra bux. You know that as well as I do.

i don know how to pull small quotes so this will have to do for now

I dont understand when you say " decided to purposely keep them alive" so to purposely keep them alive they would have to doing something extra to keep them healthy and thriving. Those animals are healthy and thriving all on there own, and did you see the breeders? normal plain jane dragons that look like they can be found in the wild, correct???

****"Nature would not allow animals such as this to live, natural selection would kill them off soon after hatching because they are genetically inferior."

What are you talking about??? So after they hatch how would nature kill them off? Like i said theres nothing more keeping them babies alive than any other baby in that clutch. There healthy thriving aniamls.
perhaps they are thriving now. But when the translucent gene first popped up it was a severly deformed line. In nature animals like that would die off immediately due to not being able to hunt on their own due to a weakened state. Humans choice to try to keep the line going and succeeded but in the real world no they would have never taken hold. Because in nature only the strongest and healthiest survive and the translucent line and leather lines and these new witblits just arent that. its ashamed we dont have any aussie members chiming in here cause they could deffinantly comment on how these lines wont pop up in the wild populace because they are genetically inferior. I still dont understand why you are taking this so personally. I havent attacked you and there is no reason for your to be so defensive towards me. Honestly im done with this thread i do not have the time or energy to argue with you over my opinions.