FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - High End Herps (Inquiry)
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #515
fuscusking13
Scott,

For that price on an albino retic, and had it been from a good source, who wouldnt scrape the money together??? I get rats from my friend for 50 cents to a dollar based on size, and rabbits for 1 or 2 dollars a piece, as well as adult guinea pigs for $1 (all of this stuff live too) so I can afford to feed one retic if I decided to keep it, and I also have a few different sized cages and theremostats sitting around. I know a bit on the medical end so I rarely have to do vet visits, so all in all I could have swung it, but it was better as I didnt get it, since you get one and it just gets contagious as we all know. My friend would have bought it off me anyway, which was the plan if I didnt get attached lol, but he didnt have the money up front, and this was prior to my little $350 radiator adventure, so money wasnt quite so tight at the time. It would have admittedly been an impulse buy because of the void I was feeling from the empty cages I returned to, so in the long run I am glad I did not make a purchase. It is an undescribable feeling to come back the first time and see the cages all intact, but no snakes. I just started getting commision on top of my regular pay now, so in a few weeks or months I want to get an albino retic baby and raise it as a pet, nothing more, nothing less, and maybe down the line someday a patternless Rock too, and long term I really want to come back into this hobby in a big way, I just cant right now. So thats why if you understand my jumble of thoughts, I tend to type it as I think it, so it doesnt always make sense on paper/computer. Dan M.