FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info BHB Reptiles
Thread: Info BHB Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #37
Kinra
Quote:
Originally Posted by micar511 View Post
Brian is one of the nicest, most genuine, loyal person in this business. Actually, it is too bad there aren't more out there like him and Lori and BHB all together. Basically, I understand your comments, but I'm sorry you put so much effort into your investigation and even the extra minutes getting on this forum. BHB is one of the good guys in the mayhem of reptile trade. So this story ranks quite low on how bad your experience really was in the scheme of things. I think their actions after you were unhappy about your experience speak for themselves. There was no malice, no ill intention, deceit, screwing over... It actually portrays a positive reflection on how easy and eager they were to fix your issue and put the buyer back in the shoes they were before the transaction.

I'm sure you hear as often as I have the, "oh you wanna hear a story, i got a story for you" speech when the buyer actually is swindled and taken for thousands/hundreds dollars or whatever."

Sorry you feel this way about your transaction with them. Not going to spend anymore time on this though - good luck in the future, take care, speculate, fill in the holes, justify, whatever. Snore.
You can say Brian is as good of a guy as you want but he still said this snake would be breedable according to Lori. That alone is frightening to me. This snakes tail is bent at a right angle and while it is possible that she could breed no one should recommend breeding her. I also don't know how he can say for sure that the kink is not genetic. Without genetic testing or breeding you can't prove that.

The fact that I now have to deal with mites hardly counts as me being back in the same shoes I was to begin with. I would also like to point out the my refund has technically not been issued yet, which is understandable given they have not received her back yet. They could issue as soon as they receive her tomorrow or I could have to send numerous e-mails and make phone calls to get them to do it.

Lori has been great in helping me with this so I don't doubt that I will receive my refund fairly quickly, but you can't say I am back where I was to begin with. I didn't want this to be a bad guy thread because of how well and quickly Lori handled my problem, but if people don't post about experiences like this then it's possible there is a pattern being missed here.

This snake was only 74g so it was still very much a baby. I am upset that it has mites because I really don't think there is an excuse for that. I personally on saw 2 mites, but I was not looking for more. Bugs freak me out so I put her in the bag quickly after determining they were mites.

I think they have reached the point where they should take a step back and look at how they are handling quality control. They are a very large breeder but that still doesn't excuse things like this. As a small breeder if I sold a snake that had mites or similar problem and someone came on here and posted about it I don't doubt that I would have a hard time selling even though I would have made the same mistake as BHB. So why is it okay that they make mistakes like this? Does being a big breeder really make it okay to make mistakes like this?