FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - First Ball Husbandry questions HUMIDITY
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
Pandamonia
First Ball Husbandry questions HUMIDITY

Hey there community this is my first ball python. I have him setup in a ziploc tub tub. My concern is that the ambient humidity in my room is at a constant 50+/- percent. The readings that I have found so far range from 75-82% humidity. When I first added the substrate I did a light misting of distilled water. Also there is a small water dish for him. Is this humidity level too high? There isn't any condensation along the walls. I have drilled roughly 25 holes on the sides and 20 holes on the top of the tub. Will it cause any respiratory infections? I plan on spot cleaning, and doing a substrate change bi-weekly or as deemed necessary. Also I bought him as a spotnose, pastel. Can you see these in him? I'm unfamiliar with ball morphs. Any help or advice will help. Sorry if this post is redundant of previous posts, but I couldn't find one pertaining to high humidity. Thanks in advance. Any advice or tips help. Also I blacked out his tub just so he wouldn't get stressed out while acclimating. He did huff/hiss at him when I went to go check the readings. Hopefully he will tame down like a puppy dog =3
Attached Images