FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bronx Reptiles/Mother Earth Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 10:48 AM   #10
WebSlave
Frank,

One of the rules of this forum is that ALL posters must put their FULL NAME in their messages.  I suggest you read the rules and comply, otherwise your messages are subject to being deleted.

As for the "checks" you are lamenting that are absent here, the name rule is one of them that helps a bit by requiring a person to put a name on whatever they state.  Beyond that, what sort of "checks" would you recommend?  Would you like me to fly out to Mr. Chapman's residence and give him a personal interview?  Hook up a lie detector (purchased out of my own pocket, of course) and administer some truth serum?  Yes, Virginia, lies can be told here in this forum.  Just as lies can be told everywhere else we frequent.  If you know of a way to prevent this from happening, then please let me know how.

Freedom is a double edged sword.  In order for YOU to have the freedom to say what you want, you need to accept the uncomfortable fact that other people having the same freedom might say things you don't particularly like.  Most people coming here accept this tradeoff.  Others would rather stick their heads in the sand.  Pick one.