FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bearded Dragon Calcium Question ? ? ?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 04:19 PM   #7
p_i_r_sales
Hello Tracie,

I used to use the black light 60 watt heat bulbs but those dang things burnt out every time I turned around. Recently I switched to the ceramic 100 watt heat bulbs. They last forever it seems. A bit pricey but worth it in the long run. I'm thinking, actually saving "lol" to build them all custom cages so do you think it'd be ok to add an additional florescent light? Or would I need something brighter? Until then I could use a light bulb with a dish I guess. I replace my UVB every six months. Her UVB is currently 4 months old.
I have recently heard of the pheonix worms and plan to use those for the females for prep and during the breeding season next year. Are the Hornworms high in calcium also or just a good source of meat? I'll have to look into those. I'll start cutting down on her pinkie intake asap. 1 every other week, gotcha.
I'll look into that liquid calcium as well. Who makes it? How often should I give that to her with her other supplements?
Ooops, I've been given them all Kale since the get go. I have torts as well and know that they shouldn't have large quantities of kale but I didn't know that it stood for the dragons also. Thats a bummer though. I really like how the Kale lasts so long before going bad.

Yep, they are all cut off from reproducing till they are 2. This is the first female of my clan that I thought was old enough to breed so it's a good thing I know this now cause come summer I planned on breeding a few other females. I'll get ahold of my Herp Vet and set up an appointment here soon to test them for this virus.

Thanks for all your great tips and info ! ! !

JG