FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 0.1 Coluber c. flaviventris - Yellow Bellied Racer
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
lepidus
Yellow Bellied Racer

As far as a licenses go, I have children younger than him that hunt small / large game and they are not required to have a license because of their age but they are allowed to hunt. They are not prevented from hunting because they are not old enough to possess a license. I assume it would be the same for collecting reptiles but am not sure. Just as long as he stays within his specific limits for his state, he is okay. Where he may have gone wrong is attempting to sell the animal in order to obtain a yellow rat. I believe he would have been within his rights to trade the animal for a yellow rat. My point is I don't think he is commercial collecting and I don't believe there was any malice involved. But you are also well within your rights to do whatever you feel necessary and no one can / should prevent that. In my opinion though, it was a little extreme. But that is just my opinion. He is a kid who enjoys reptiles. You remember what that was like, right?