FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Josh@Outbackreps
Thread: Bad Guy Josh@Outbackreps
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #100
bad-one
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
So, I read this about a day ago and figured it had begun to wind down, but I guess I was wrong.

James, you keep claiming that people are nit picking your posts and picking out what it is they do or do not want to see. Well, as an outsider looking in, let me give some perspective to you.

First off, in the photos you showed, blurred and unfocused as they were, there is no kink in your animal. As stated many times over, kinks do not present themselves in a such a symetrical way. Also, a kink, by its very definition and by the cases I have seen, would present itself in such a way that the portion of the animal would abruptly "jerk" to the side down the length of its body. This is not the case of your animal and this much is obvious.

Now, secondly, to move onto the reason you brought this to the BOI to begin with. You have no proof, no definitive evidence, that this animal has a genetic defect. You have yet to provide any sort of findings from a veterinarian who is capable of handling such exotics and all you have is your own assumptions. As you have claimed yourself a newbie when it comes to repitles, this does not do much for confidence. This is nothing to take offense to, but rather something to realize.

Finally, Josh offered you a refund. He will not give a partial because, one, it is not the terms of service of Outback Reptiles to do so and, two, there is no reason to do it. You have had the animal for two weeks yet are so in love with it that you are not willing to part with it, but you desire some of the money back. No, the world does not really work that way. You either keep an animal you believe defective, or you send it back for a refund. It is more than fair.

I would also like to point out that I find it odd someone who desires to eventually be a breeder putting themselves in such a position. What I mean by this is simple: you have a supposedly defective animal, maybe it is genetic, maybe it is not, yet you are going to risk breeding it in the future because that is the reason you got it. Instead of sending it back to get a full refund from Josh, you are going to keep it, force it to endure a pregnancy, cross your fingers and hope for the best? What if all the babies come out with a defect? Then what? What if the supposed defect causes complications and kills the female? Think about it. What then? You have an opportunity to get your investment back instead of killing it over and over again.

Then again, perhaps I am lacking in maturity and filled with ignorance? Right.

Do not come to the BOI, bash the community involved with it and expect a warm reception. We like facts here. We do not like hear say, he said/she said or anything else of that nature. You have posted Bad Guy Threads for people here that are clearly unwarranted. The best part, of course this is sarcasm, would be that these remain here forever and now people have to drudge through numerous posts of half baked claims to get to the truth. In the end it will benefit Josh, not you, but I suppose that is as much the point of the BOI as your lack luster attempts here.

Bottom line: keep the snake and deal with it or send it back and get a full refund.
I could not have said this better.