FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Anyone see this ad on KS????
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 12:26 PM   #26
psilocybe
Quote:
Originally posted by Hognose_311
Ok well that wasnt the intention, people come to this forum to talk about thyings and discuss things, not to ask people questions or share what they think and have people try to get them arrested or whtever you people are trying to do...I do not know how to Quote what ppl say.....but i do know that I do not do the surgery, my reptile vet does and he lets me help...i am his relative.

I do Not hack open the snake's head, all i do is help hold things and i get to watch, i dont even think id be able to do that even if i knew how..... it's my own snake and i care about them, and hes a professional, so ill leave it up to him....and i don't see why a vet would go to college for x amount of years if he's not willing to do his job..... ofcourse people are going to ask to have that surgery done for many snakes...buthe should have been prepared to do his work..... i believe it is wrong also, but why risk your life instead of a snakes if it's your true passion? Snakes are the only thing that i like to have as a hobby....and if its just not possible to KEEP the snake with its venom, then you just can't.

Snakes are the most extraordinary things on this earth...and some people think they represent the devil....but in history the Kwakuitl indians believed that snakes represented the passage way between heaven and earth, some people respect them, and some don't, and they should be respected. People have been taking over there world for a long time, and then we become fascinated in them. So that is why i have snakes, and i need to have the surgery done BY SOMEONE ELSE, so therefore its not possible to keep its venom glands.
This post has got contain some of the stupidest, most ignorant statements I have EVER seen concerning this subject...no offense.

Quote:
i believe it is wrong also, but why risk your life instead of a snakes if it's your true passion?
What exactly are you trying to say here? You state you know it's wrong, but you do it anyway. Your true selfishness and greed are exhibited here for all to see. I hope you are proud. And if something is your passion, you want to do your best to preserve it, not subject it to a cruel and needless surgery that risks it's life. Your "passion" is obvious: To inflate your ego.

Quote:
Snakes are the only thing that i like to have as a hobby....and if its just not possible to KEEP the snake with its venom, then you just can't.
You are one hundred percent correct...if you can't keep a snake with it's venom, you shouldn't be keeping it...but you also shouldn't be subjecting it to cruel procedures that do NOTHING to benefit the animal just so you can keep it. I would say that you should stick to non-venomous, but I'm not even sure you should be keeping those.

Quote:
Snakes are the most extraordinary things on this earth...and some people think they represent the devil....but in history the Kwakuitl indians believed that snakes represented the passage way between heaven and earth, some people respect them, and some don't, and they should be respected. People have been taking over there world for a long time, and then we become fascinated in them. So that is why i have snakes, and i need to have the surgery done BY SOMEONE ELSE, so therefore its not possible to keep its venom glands.
What a profound statement. Unfortunately, it only makes you look more selfish and egotistic. You don't "need to have the surgery done by someone else", you choose to. Don't try and make it look like your desire to keep a venomous species justifies you cutting it up to make it suitable for you, because NO ONE here is going to buy it.

I've said enough for now. Talking sense into venomoiders is about as effective as talking sense into a wall. Your ego and greed block out any empathy or compassion for the animals you claim to have "passion" for.