FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
Thread: Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #80
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileAddictions View Post
You "cant" close the store mid day and take it home? What? Are you claiming to be the only employee?

IF I received a snake with mites and I was here alone.........I would call someone in the "family" business to pick it up, call a friend, a loyal customer. Anyone. If that didn't work I WOULD put a sign on the door that said "Emergency- snake arrived with mites taking it to quarantine- be right back" I GUARANTEE that no one would be upset about that, maybe even give the waiting customers a discount upon return. People appreciate good husbandry. This isn't the fast food business. No one comes in a hurry.

It has been claimed the OP has a personal vendetta of some sort. How so? Can you back up that claim?

I have been to your Dads store, BEFORE it was your dads store. I lived in South Florida for 7 years. It was a nice store then. My personal decisions have been made here. The responses from Sunset speak for themselves. I have no more 2 cents

Somehow Wendy a moral tirade on business ethics and proper husbandry rings a little hollow and tinny coming from you given your history.

"Let she who is without sin throw the first Swastika or tube of KY Jelly"

It's a bit like Dan Scolaro lecturing someone on proper customer service and Email etiquette.

Anyone else here actually think Mike should have closed down the store, put "Emergency Mites" signs up and run screaming down the street with the animal? Give me a break. What is it?...A slow news day?

The animal came in, Mites were noticed and it was popped into a cage temporarily in an area that he considered secure from the other animals. Short term, quick stopgap solution. He didn't take time to remove a couple of sheds before putting the animal in there...who cares? It wasn't it's permanent quarters, just a place to put the animal for a short time till treatment could be administered. Would it have been better to put it out of sight? Sure. Apparently that wasn't an option though at that moment

Give it a rest people. The horse was thoroughly beaten and deceased by page two of this thread