FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - preparation?
Thread: preparation?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #12
breakdown
Ok sorry i forgot to mention a couple of things, first of all i'm not at all sure if venomous is a route that i would want to go as far as adding them to my collection ( i can't even do it legally anyway) even if i had the option, there is absolutly no way on earth my girlfriend would even consider letting me bring a venomous snake in the house, nor would i ever want her to feel unsafe in our house ( we plan on children someday so way to risky, kids can find there way into any room or cage). Second i was asking partially out of curiosity, but mostly because i'm thinking of going back to school for zoology but would like to specialize as a herpetologist, reptiles facinate me but of all of them venomous snakes are the most fascinating of all IMO. So as preparation to deal with the real thing, i was thinking there must be something that i could keep that could serve as good practice, if i want to put my self in danger thats one thing but putting my family and pets lives at risk is quite another. As for which hot snakes im most interested in something along the lines of a gaboon or possibly cottonmouth.