Thread: Bad Guy I was SCAMMED by Joe Oswald
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #1
GotBoas
Thumbs down I was SCAMMED by Joe Oswald

Hello everyone,

"Bait and Switch scam"

PayPal dispute in progress.

My name is Chas from Patriotic Pets and Got Boas? in San Diego.

Situation:
I attempted to purchase a 'bloody salmon het albino' from Joe Oswald / Bay Area Boas. At first everything seemed very professional. We are both military so we hit it off. We agreed on a picture ID, confirmed genetics, agreed on the price, but the wrong snake arrived. I pointed out why I felt the snake was not the same, he became defensive and argued that it was. Joe also claimed the pic ID we agreed on was only a couple of weeks old and that the snake in question was the only snake there for the last 6 months which is why he knows it is the same snake.

Supporting Details:
We agreed on the details (ID and genetics) in Facebook messenger, then he blocks me on Facebook in the middle of trying to resolve the situation, he then texts me and says we never agreed on an ID, only genetics. Not sure if he thought blocking me would hide the messenger messages, but it didn't. The pix I attached show the evidence of Joe's Bait and Switch deception. I have several other pix but can't load everything. There is also a thread started in FaceBook on 'Boa Constrictor Keepers' discussing this situation with additional snake pix showing the differences, but the deception is clear with just the few I attached.

I hate being the one that has to post this drama, but no one should have to deal with this and everyone needs to be careful with Joe.

Joe, if you would have just apologized for the misunderstanding, maybe because you were under the weather or something, we could have handled this. There was no reason for you to attempt to lie your way out of it.

Respectfully,
Chas
Attached Images