FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
Thread: Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #19
ReptileAddictions
I KNOW you DO NOT spray ANY SNAKE with Provent a Mite. That was my point. IT IS however perfectly safe to take a CLEAN NEW enclosure outside a spray it. "Pretreat it" and bring it indoors once it has completely aired out. THEN put the snake in the enclosure. THAT IS ALSO AFTER you have bathed the snake and removed ALL visible mites. A film container of HOT SHOT would do you wonders too.

I would think after all your "worldly years" of experience I wouldn't have to tell you this.

"I would never put a snake in a dirty enclosure that a previous chondro was in . You removed one snake and added another?
If all the facts were put into place,you would know that a chondro was previously in the enclosure, and we took it out. You would also know that we leave snake sheds in almost all our enclosures because people like seeing them, ask questions about it, and many times realize notice their snake doesnt shed properly. We also have kids who always ask for them, shout out to their mom's that the snake shed, etc etc."

All sheds are removed here and hung on a wall for kids to take home, NEVER left in a cage to collect bacteria. You "JUST GOT IT IN" snake didnt shed twice did it? So you think he wants to sit in a tank with the previous snakes dirty shed?

What fantastic husbandry to teach children. The future to our hobby.