FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Formation of Exclusive Cliques...
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 02:41 AM   #2
Pug
That's a gripe of mine, when no one posts a topic in the place where it seemingly belongs. I had a little trouble finding the spot for my Nigerian Email Scam thread aboove, but I settled on this because it's not 100% serious like the BOI, yet some one will surely find it.

I post on a lot of technical and computer forums, and one of the biggest pet peeves I have is (besides the ur, 1's, and other ways to over-shorten words) is when a person asks a specific question, and others respond with something completely different than what was asked. For example: A guy would like to inquire about a certain motherboard to see if the features it has built in will suffice for the educational games his two children love to play. This particular board has build in video, audio, ethernet and, everything their computer will need. The video is sufficient for the sort of games they will be playing. So instead of looking at the specs of the board and saying that it will be perfect, the response reads something like "that board is bad, you can't overclock it and it's got build in video, built in video is bad." Didn't they read the question?!? That happens all too much. Without meaning to rant, people often make multiple threads to ask the same question, over and over. There's already one thread on the subject at least, so why not add a post to that one and ressurect it for a little while, you don't need another brand new thread asking the same answered questions!