FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Georgia state law issues
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 07:51 PM   #48
ZX11
A lobbyist is a must. How it is done, I am not sure. Manhours are a major concern. We have to find someone that can dedicate the time and lives in the Atlanta area and knows how this is done.

Perhaps the best option is for the hobbyists to stop talking and start doing. First step would be to form an organization, appoint a chairperson, and representatives. We need people to sign up and donations will be needed to fund the time spent on persuing the matter. These will be full time jobs and whoever does the jobs must be able to make a living. We would also have costs related to travel and materials, such as papers, filing fees, etc.

Once organizied, we need to sign one as many non-hobbyists as possible, too. This shows outside support. On local levels, we need people of power, ie, judges, attorneys, city and county commissioners, police, animals shelters, animals control officers, etc.

When we reach the people enmass, we will have obtained the power needed to get the bill on the docket. This is where a lobbyist, or, preferrably, a lobbyist group. They are the one responsible for getting the thing on docket.

So, if anyone here has any ideas on how to get it rolling, let me know.

I would like to start a site on this matter, but have no idea how sites are set up. Anyone want to help???
Michael Parkinson