FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy sick reptiles from duron and matt
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #34
PsycHD_Student
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahrens View Post
Seriously? This person could be a wealth of reptile knowledge. He did post his number, why don't you give him a call? See just how much or little intelligence he has. Yes, that first post of his was a tough read and punctuation would have been great. This isn't grammar class though and I'd hate to see someone be reluctant to post their side due to the grammar police.
You're right. It is business. Even if the majority of us are hobbyists, when you make a trade of animals, services, or cash, it becomes business. Of course I care about my animals more than the money, but I'm aware that there is a business aspect of the industry/hobby.

Poor punctuation, grammer, syntax, etc. is bad business practice and comes off as unprofessional. If a person cannot spend the time required to create a coherent response, why would I take the time to decipher the message? Answer: I wouldn't.

What he wrote was not merely bad grammer. Bad grammer is mistaking "they're" for "their". He wrote (on every single response, by the way) a completely incoherent mess of words in his responses.

Not sure why my response struct a cord for you, but I stand by my own personal stance: only do business with people who are professional.