FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Beware of canyon county reptiles the sell sick snakes
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 11:06 AM   #100
CanyonCountryReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Jessica - thank you for posting the FedEx tracking. Can you let us know the transfer hub was used?

I noted the snake shipped without a heat pack. Cross-country shipments can be tricky this time of year. If the package took a northern route, like through Chicago, it may have gotten cold even if your temps and those of the recipient were safe.
The snake left us and went to Horseheads, NY - which is about an hour north of us. Then it goes to Memphis - there is a hub there. Every snake we've shipped out always goes through Memphis - even one we sent to Connecticut this summer (we noticed that and thought it odd). After Memphis, it went to Burbank, Ca then on to North Hills, Ca, then to the buyer.

We've discussed the use of a heat pack and would definitely use one if the weather was too cold. I agree - tricky this time of year. Typically, December weather is colder, but we did have unseasonably warmer weather for about 3 days - 60s and upper 50s. Our experience with heat packs is that they haven't stayed warm for long. We just received a snake in to our shop and it had a 40-hour heat pack (according to seller), and it wasn't warm and the snake was chilly by the time it got to us - but not to the point of being harmful to it . We understand that it can happen. Now, if it was 20 degrees or something, that's different. Another lesson learned here too, I guess.