FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service**
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #140
WebSlave
I guess the part I love about all this is how some people feel that they can be snarky to me, here on my own site (or heck, even elsewhere that is publicly visible), and I am under some sort of directive from God that I cannot return that courtesy in like kind. That I am obligated to just turn the other cheek till I am spinning in circles allowing a pummeling while apologizing to the OP for bruising their tender knuckles on the bones of my face.

Yeah, granted, I fully understand that some will do this merely to bait me so they can then go squealing off to their buddies to whine about how mean I am and show out of context quotes to prove it. So I will often just refuse to take the bait and simply ignore them.

But jealousy is a powerful motivator, evidently, when people regard the success of this site and resent the fact that they have not been able to do anything in their lives even remotely as motivational in ANY field of endeavor. The fact that I was one of the few people who had a very successful snake breeding business and was able to retire from the profits of it certainly rankles some people as well. Knowing this, I do understand the motivation behind some of the people who come here merely to take pot shots at me, or engage in efforts to try to make this a less rewarding place to be to try to bring myself and this site down to their own level. I'm sure it pisses them off no end that thus far they have been completely unsuccessful in that pursuit. And that I can get a hearty belly laugh at their transparent efforts.

But it is interesting to note that some may feel that with old age I am accruing more and more of an excuse to "let it all hang out" when someone earns a dressing down.

I'll be 61 years old next month. How many "Big Meanie" credits does that earn me? Seriously, though, I have found that it is much better to utilize the stiletto rather than the bludgeon in such verbal altercations. However there is always a risk that the OP just does not have the cerebral capacity to understand just how thoroughly they have been gutted.