FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Eastern Indigo Snakes and Captive Breeding?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #35
bmwdirtracer
All my snakes seem to have recovered to a fairly normal feeding schedule. While others have told me their couperi eat well when pre-shed, mine have always been very hesitant until the shed.

The biggest boy ('12) is doing all he can to catch up on missed early growth...he's not actually that much longer than the '12 girl, but he's becoming quite massive -- NOT FAT, just massive. His head is significantly larger than hers, and he's got her by ~ 1/2" or 3/4" in diameter.

She was bigger, when I received them, 16 months ago. The comparative growth, and behavioral differences, are the only reason I believe she's a girl. By visual exam of post cloacal girth, she's a boy. I'm about to send shed skins off to a Vet Diagnostic place in Canada, for DNA sexing, just to make sure.

Meanwhile, my new, big, 7-year old girl arrives Tuesday - I have a video of her which I've watched fifty times! I'm very excited! Her huge cage is fully adorned and ready.