FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Hooked on Fish and Corals - Parasites
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
I see errors on both sides, but I will almost always side with the person who tries to save an animal.

The OP saw an animal in less than optimal condition, and decided to try to nurse it back to health. Commendable; I've done it countless times, over the past 40+ years.
It can be commendable, but this animal was not the recipient of a random act of kindness, this is a critter of a type that the buyer had specifically been seeking and so buyer may have had an incentive to buy when he might have ordinarily passed on the purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandLizards View Post
Yeah it was a import I have been looking to get for a while
Much weight hinges on the claim the buyer said the seller made, that fecals were clear. Buyer has not yet included proof that seller made this claim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post

I see this: Buyer knowingly bought animal not 100% healthy-appearing. Believed vendor at expo, that animal was in their care for months, and fecals were clear.

All who say that vendors should not sell animals they know are ill are 100% correct. Did this vendor know? Buyer claims that symptoms could have simply been stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandLizards View Post
At the time the animal was in decent shape..
If so, vendor may have thought that as well.
In fact at this point we do not know the cause of death. It could be husbandry, it could be parasites. From the report fecals were positive for more than 30 parasite eggs, but there is no cause of death listed.

There is still the issue of the seller's poor communication, and that is a valid complaint.