FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Angel
Thread: Angel
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 11:41 PM   #5
6y0ballpython
Jen what are you housing them in? Looks like a plastic container and newspaper.....Do you put a lid on it? They don't try and get out? I put my girl Martha in a plastic container like that which I bought at walmart with a locking lid and all, and she broke her way through one of the 1" breather, air hole we cut. I am afraid to put them in a plastic container for fear of them escaping. Could I just put Monty (male) in with her now in her 40G breeder (I know for sure now that he's producing plugs) instead of using a plastic container? Or do they breed better when out of their everyday tanks. Her breeder tank is escape proof and I would feel much better with them in there. What do you think? I've had them together now three times, and he shows a lot of interest in her, and even crawled in here cave and cuddled up with her for two hours. I am just so scared that she's going to eat him. She's not hungry because she's eating regularily, it's him that hasn't been eating ever since I put them together on Nov 20. And he's been producing sperm plugs since then too. Is this a sign that he's wanting to mate with her? I don't want to miss an opportunity to mate these two, but he's 7.5 years old and only 500g. I think it may exhaust him to death to mate with her now since he hasn't eaten in 3 weeks. He is very restless is his cage at night and tries to hours to get out, so he's isn't by any means lethargic and acting sick. I think he wants to mate and has gone off feed in order to get it over with. But what do I know, I've never done this before. I'll keep reading......Bye Jen

Cher