FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Kickin out eggs, and takin names,...
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #22
thesnakeman
Wink Patience Grasshopper,...

FINALLY!!!!!!! They are all out, and in their individual tubs in the rack! Man what a relief. It's been a long haul, and I must admit, I never expected to achieve this degree of success on my first try. Out of twelve eggs, >{eight have made it all the way}<. Now I just have to get them to eat. But I know that part will work itself out just fine, as well. And I know that the sooner eight babies start feeding, the sooner I'll be cleaning up after them. And the sooner they'll be going to new homes. And I will miss each and every one. I hope that when the time comes, I'll be able to let them go. Although,...I might just keep one. We'll see. I know that a lot of guys got skunked this year, and for them, I'm truly sorry. I hope this doesn't cause any hard feelings. Next year maybe everyone will have a good year. I sure hope so. I sure feel like I hit the lottery. It would be nice if we all could, every time. I know that I won't always be this lucky. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy it.

Tomorrow I will post pics of the crop. But I must say, they all look pretty much alike. Very little red, if any. But also very little white. Almost no speckles at all. I expect them to all be very black as both mom and dad are. Maybe a small patch of dirty white under the chin. But right now at least, they all have an incredible blue iridescence.

Now I would like to say THANK_YOU. There are a bunch of folks who have earned my gratitude, but I will stick to the short list here. They are, Dean Alessandrini, Carl Gosset, Jeff Snodgres, and my wife Tara. Dean, you pointed me in the right direction, and sold me my first pair. Carl, you sold me my second pair. Jeff, you have been a friend in deed. You have been a calm voice on the phone when things got funky, and you are a tremendous resource, for information, and wisdom. And Tara, you have put up with so much. You have supported me through thick and thin. You have stood by me all the way. Without your support, this could not have happened. And I appreciate you more than you will ever know! I feel so blessed to have taken part in this process with these wonderful, endangered animals, and such an amazing, and beautiful woman by my side every day. Now I'm truly hooked. There can be no turning back for me. I will be working with Drymarchon, for the rest of my life. These animals have had such an intense effect on me. Words just can't explain it. But I know many of you already know exactly what I mean. Thanks guys. Good luck!
T.