FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Yow, how did that happen?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
WebSlave
Well, too bad it's not REGISTERED MEMBERS that made up that number. I'm not sure where those concurrent connections all came from, but quite likely it has something to do with search engines or something. I just think it highly unlikely that over 2,000 people all of a sudden decided to visit this site all at the SAME TIME, and then go away just as suddenly, bringing the numbers back down to a more normal level.

I dunno, was this site's URL published in any high profile website at that time? That's about the only way I could think this could have happened with a sharp temporary spike like that.

Yeah, I guess it would be nice to have that many members visiting all at the same time, but quite honestly they would need to be PAYING members, because I'm positive the server I now have just would not be able to handle that kind of concurrent traffic. So that would mean another server upgrade to keep up or the whole thing would come crashing down. A BIG server, at that. Not to mention the bandwidth requirements would likely be pretty substantial as well.

Man, talk about a silver lining with a BIG DARK cloud wrapped around it....