FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
Thread: Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #1698
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
Please educate me, but do any of the comments posted here on BOI or even Facebook typically have any weight in court proceedings? I read this entire thread, but I have a difficult time believing that a judge will wade through all of this. Thank you.
Tim: For a large court case, I cannot imagine any attorney who would not go through or have an assistant go through his clients, and the other party's, social media comments. It would almost be malpractice not to do so.
We have all heard about disability cases biting the dust because the person applying posts pictures of himself on fb water skiing or playing tennis when he is claiming to be bed-bound.
And of course in divorces there is plenty to be found that might help one side or the other.
So the short answer to your question is yes, some comments may be relevant and useful in legal proceedings.
Typically a judge does not wade through a thread, the attorney for the party does selects what he/she feels are relevant comments, and of course then completes evidentiary requirements.