FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Help with monitor enclosure/sliding doors/rock wall & shelves.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #1
crossfire79
Help with monitor enclosure/sliding doors/rock wall & shelves.

I am looking to build a custom enclosure for my black roughneck monitor. What I am envisioning and could use help with is something that is about 6'x6'x3', and can break down into three pieces. With three sets up sliding glass doors, and incorporates a large shallow RV sink with a drain that comes out through the bottom.
I need help with the sliding glass doors, I don't know how to make the track, or where to buy custom tracking with ball bearing. I can program a CNC so I am thinking about cutting them out of aluminum, and just let them slide without ball bearings.
I also need to know about how I can build lightweight walls that he can climb on, and strong self supported shelves.
To put it simple I am going to try to replicate three 75 gallon aquariums out of wood, with sliding glass doors, and exclude the tops/bottoms out of each of the three pieces so they are all interconnected, and affixed by wooded pegs at each of the four corners. Which should make them removable. If I create the walls when each piece is sepperate, I want them to match when they come together. However deep the sink is is how deep the substrate will be, and the bottom I think should be a stand to allow water to drain front he bottom and storage for stuff.

1. I need to know if anyone has cage plans similar to this?
2. Where/how do i find all the little connecting pieces/tracking to make custom sliding glass doors
3. What is the best way to make light weight walls and strong shelves?

I would really appreciate some help from someone who has been through this before, Thank You!