FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Fluker Farms AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! Filthy
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #83
Alexandrina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooLost View Post
No worries there, I get what you're saying. I probably shouldn't have "thought aloud" so to speak, but I did. People asked questions, and she'd given up on responding. Just seemed fishy to me, given her other interactions on here.

I'm still waiting for an answer though, on what Fluker's could have done to satisfy her. I have a feeling the answer is "nothing."

Not that you deserve any kind of an answer, but I'll give you one anyway. For the sake of others I will respond to your demands.

The response I would have accepted from Flukers would have been a sign that they were concerned and accepted responsibility for their mistake. The first response they sent took a little responsibility but when she realized I was still upset, she reacted unprofessionally and blew me off instead of taking responsibility for pissing off a customer. The bottom line is, I ordered crickets, not flesh beetle larvae, so whether she, (or you), think I overreacted, their company was in the wrong and they should have tried to assure me they were sorry about it and not acted like jerks and blew me off.

It doesn't matter if they, (or you), think flesh beetles are no big deal, or even cool as hell, the point is, I don't. I got a shipment that offended me, they should have made more effort to sooth my disgust and assure me that they would look into the situation and try to find out if they have had an explosion of the larvae in some bins.

The situation escalated because they lied and claimed the beetles come in with cricket food. With numbers this high, they must know what species the beetles are and what they eat. (the dead crickets). They may have even put them there on purpose. If she'd told me they were added to the bins to eat dead crickets and that I must have gotten the bottom of the bin scrapings and they were very sorry about that, I would have felt like they cared. No one expects cricket breeding to be a sterile process, so if she'd told me a worker must have given me a dirty batch and they'd find out who did it and tell them to stop doing that, I would have been satisfied with that answer.

I feel that the customer service person either flat out lied or doesn't know what she's/he's talking about. If she'd been honest and told me what species the beetles were I would have felt she was being upfront. Instead she said something vague which made me feel like they were being dishonest. So, my guard went up even further because I felt I was being lied to. Because I felt I was getting the runaround, it made me wonder if the breeding facility was filthy and they simply didn't care. I sent a reply stating that if the second shipment was as bad I would have the responsibility of reporting them. If she had replied in a different way, the issue would have been dropped. Simple as that.

If she had assured me that they would do a quality control investigation I would have relaxed and assumed the problem would be looked in to. When she emailed back blowing me off, that pretty much convinced me they were a crappy company and knew full well they had cleanliness issues and had no intention of doing anything about it.

Look, the bottom line is, I was the customer, they screwed up. Period. Whether I was overreacting or not is irrelevant. When a company screws up they should take responsibility for that screw up and fix it.

If I sent someone a box of whatever and accidentally allowed a wolf spider to tag along and the customer then had a total freak out about it, I would do whatever it took to calm them down and make them happy. I may think a wolf spider is no big deal, and I would even be thrilled if a shipment I received had a tag along wolf spider in it, but someone else may have a phobia and I just ruined their day and caused them great anxiety. It is completely irrelevant if I think they are overreacting or are being mean about their complaint. If I screwed up and sent them something they didn't want, I'd fix it, period. That's what decent people, and decent companies do.