FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Taiwan Beauty Rat Snakes (Orthriophis taeniurus friesei)
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
Josh at J2Reptiles
Taiwan Beauty Rat Snakes (Orthriophis taeniurus friesei)

Long story short...

The first rat snake I ever bought was a Taiwan Beauty Rat Snake male back in 2011 or 2012. He was about 3.5 foot when I purchased him. He is now pushing 90” in length! In 2013, I acquired a yearling female from a breeder in California.

This year I decided to pair them up for my first attempt. The first pairing took place in the male’s cage early March. They were together for about 7 days. The second pairing took place early April. They were together again for about 10 days. The male did not eat at all after the initial pairing, and about a month after the last pairing attempt. He lost no weight.

The female continued eating, and in early May gave me 8 perfect eggs. I incubated at 79 degrees using moist HatchRite. My humidity was pretty close to 100% in the incubation container. Approximately 64 days later, my first hatchlings emerged. Hatchlings are roughly 14” in length out of the egg. Possibly more! I was fortunate to have twins in one of the eggs. So my overall count for this first clutch is 9 Taiwans.

Josh at J2Reptiles
Attached Images