FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Updates to the infraction system
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Personally I don't think it's fair that some members require me to have mods here and that those mods need to spend their time trying to get members to behave in a fashion that allows this site to be a more pleasant and comfortable place for everyone.

In the past "warning system" there was NO expiration for the warnings. They were cumulative for the duration of that system. And I have indicated that I intend to gradually increase the pressure on the incentives for people to cease with bending and breaking the rules. Well, the extension of the time limit is one of the ways I am increasing the pressure. I will also be increasing the number of points per infraction, and making it easier to eject those members who are apparently inclined to resist my efforts to make things MUCH better here.

Sorry you aren't too keen on my methods, but I fully expected to have some people resist the changes I am pursuing here, and have some losses within that subset of members as a result.
Rich, The point I was making is not about your past warning system and not even your new warning system. I accumulated infractions prior to this new system that were to expire in one year and now it says 2 years.

For instance say someone loses their license for 1 year and several months later a new law emerges that the current offense is a 2 year loss of license. Would it be fair for that person to lose their license for 2 years on a prior offense?