FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - PLEASE NOTE about contacting the admin of this site!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 01:19 AM   #32
WebSlave
Alrighty then, time for another reminder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
To reiterate some issues concerning emails.

Please whitelist my email address listed above. And regardless, please check your junk mail or spam mail folder occasionally. The anonymous email providers (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) while allowing spammers to freely use their services, will oftentimes block legitimate emails from many message board systems based on nothing more than the VOLUME of emails such systems will issue to their members. Lamebrained? You bet! And there is typically no way to contact anyone at those providers to get them to see just how lamebrained such blanket policies are.

Seriously, I will often get emails from people from such services, and when I reply requesting more info and such, I often do not get a reply, leading me to believe that they probably did not get my response email. So what can I do about that to help them? Not a damned thing. Heck, I sometimes get notices of people signing up for sponsorships, and I will send them the form request for the info I need to set that up for them. Sometimes I don't get a reply, and quite honestly, I rarely remember to go back to check up on such things. So if they don't follow up with a PM here on this site, realizing the problem with their email, and also forget about paying for said sponsorship, then it will simply fall through the cracks and stay there. Sooner or later they will likely realize this, and I will start their sponsorship once communication has been established, but beyond that, not much else I can do.

So, again, it is in YOUR best interests to make certain that YOU can receive emails from this site. I've done all I can from this end, but YOUR email service provider is outside of my control. Worse comes to worse, you may just want to consider finding an email service that isn't quite so brain dead. I've SERIOUSLY considered just outright blocking those email providers because they throw a seriously large monkey wrench into my attempts to verify that member registrations are legit. Not really a feasible solution, of course, but more than once I've been frustrate enough to seriously consider it, regardless.
I've gotten quite a few emails lately from people asking for help, but when I asked them for more information (like a member name) via an email reply I don't hear back from many of them. I DO respond to emails. If you are not getting that response, then I am sorry, but you need to change something on your end. Since I DO get responses from many people, and many people are able to complete the email verification during registration, I have no choice but to assume that some people are just going a bit overboard with their spam detection and/or blocking, and basically locking themselves into a closet.

Again, please whitelist "webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com" with your ISP, or whatever email processor you are using. That means gmail, yahoo, AOL, etc., etc. Some will block emails without any input on your end about what constitutes spam or not, so be proactive about this. Sooner or later you just might want to contact me via email. And I do reply to your emails. But there is absolutely nothing I can do about YOUR not being able to receive them because of one or more settings you (or your email processor) have applied to your own email handling.