FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Need advice on dead snake situation
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #10
Will0W783
I talked with the seller at length last night again, and I think we are going to be able to work it out. Neither of us feels completely at fault, and I can agree...I don't think there was anything outwardly wrong with the snake that he would have known about but I also don't think I did anything that could have contributed to its demise.
He agreed a 50% refund was fair, and I mentioned that if it's easier for him, he can give me one of his neonates from a different, less expensive, specie that I also like. I think we are going to go that route so that he doesn't have to come up with money he doesn't have and I won't be left with nothing.
I do think the way he initially handled it was harsh, but this is his first time breeding and selling babies, and I know it can be tough to handle when one dies.

Thank you Lucille and April for your opinions and advice; I greatly appreciate it and am glad that it looks like there will be a resolution we both can be ok with without me having to launch a BOI post.