FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Miniature Couperi?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 09:56 PM   #12
bmwdirtracer
Wow, I'm truly sorry to hear that a couperi guy of your long standing reputation went through such a set of experiences.

I'd like to suggest that putting your excellent male with your older females might give you (a) access to those genes, and (b) a joy, when you need it most.

After being blue, you get to shed, and start with a fresh shiny skin.

You're just now thinking about your FIRST divorce? Hell, you may have me by just a few years on age, but I've had two divorces. (The second one, I sincerely regret, but life happens)

By all means, I'd be honored to meet you. I leave for work about 11 and 1/2 hrs before I get home. And I live in a tiny house with 5 cats - and 5 couperi in enormous cages. So, I don't do much herping these days, but 6 foot Black Rat snakes are all over around here. (Not as pure black as the northern ones, though)

I don't bring other snakes in the house much, although I borrowed an obsoleta from the wild for long enough to teach my Hawaiian cats to stay away from Snakes.

Hmmmm.....my 7 year, 7 foot gorgeous black female doesn't have a valid boy available right now this winter. She's big enough to eat my 5 foot '12 boy, so I figured I'd give them 'til next year.

Bob, (or Tim?): I believe we would be within all USFWS parameters if we allowed our critters to breed, no money involved? All my animals are permitted by USFWS, and every one of my documents is in order.

Come visit, we'll put your boy with the big girl for a week, and I will call you when she lays eggs, and you can take them and incubate correctly, and then share the offspring with me. I don't currently have the exacting temps I'd want for incubation - next year, I will.

Um, the senior citizen girls here are all yours; I've never had children, so I'm still after the youngster 40 year olds!

By now, we're probably off-topic, huh?

Chris
bmwdirtracer@att.net